Yahoo Protocol 15 Login

Rafael Franco Carvalho rafael.carvalho at tqi.com.br
Wed Dec 10 13:26:37 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

I found another ticket related with this Yahoo problem: http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4581.
There are any progress in this problem?

Please let me know.
Thanks

Rafael Franco.

From: Rafael Franco Carvalho
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:07 AM
To: devel at pidgin.im
Subject: Re: Yahoo Protocol 15 Login

Hello!

I'm asking it because there are a special case that Yahoo protocol 16 fixes, probably related to http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/6510. This problem affects not only Pidgin but also Yahoo Messenger at least version 8.1, but on Yahoo Messenger 9.0 this problem gone away, because it uses Yahoo protocol 16.

Thanks,

Rafael.

John Bailey wrote:
>I don't think work on Yahoo protocol 16 is particularly important at this point.
>   It doesn't add any features we need or want, and further improvement on what
>we already have is necessary.  For example, we need a proper review and merge
>back to im.pidgin.pidgin for your Summer of Code work (including testing with
>Yahoo Japan accounts where possible).  And besides, it's not like Yahoo will
>kill protocol 15 tomorrow.  If their past behavior is any indicator, it'll be at
>least another 18-24 months before we have to worry about protocol version.

>Authentication mechanisms, on the other hand, probably are of more concern; in
>this case we probably want to make sure we're looking at Yahoo Messenger 8.1 on
>Windows to find the correct authentication mechanisms for our current protocol
>implementation.

>John

2008/10/21 Rafael Franco Carvalho <rafael.carvalho at tqi.com.br>

  Hello Sulabh,

  >Yahoo Messenger 9 uses YMSG 16, we don't support the login sequence it uses. I will be working on it, after my GSoC project >is over, if no one else does it by then. :)
  >Sooner or later version 16 login process will be done.

  Do you have any idea when Yahoo Protocol 16 will be done and ready fro use in libPurple?

  Thanks.

  Rafael.