New homepage under testing

Casey Ho pidgin at caseyho.com
Fri Dec 12 14:46:24 EST 2008

To Will's question: You can force the new page by going to
www.pidgin.im/home.php

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Etan Reisner
<pidgin at unreliablesource.net> wrote:
> Given that the new page is so vastly different than the current page, in
> everything from layout, to color scheme, to font, to presented
> information, to organization. What exactly are we expecting to be able to
> learn from this(presumably A/B, the pages are static right?) testing? How
> are we going to to be able to tell if any specific change was good or bad?
>
>    -Etan

Correct, the current test is A/B- the pages are dynamic though, so we
can play with multivariate tests in the future.  I just froze the page
as-is for the sake of actually getting a real test up and running.

In terms of seeing if any change was good or bad, I was thinking of
doing a multivariate test after the dust settles.  That would be a
perfect time to tweak the phrases, to disable/enable the lightbox,
change the screenshot back to a logo, etc.

Julian might have more helpful insight as he's made similar redesigns
to countless other sites, but I think he's on vacation for a couple of
days.

-Casey