Privacy Rewrite

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sat Dec 13 22:54:36 EST 2008

We now have a wiki page, http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/PrivacyRewrite, to
assemble information for the ever-elusive privacy rewrite that's been talked
about for as long as I can remember being even remotely involved with Pidgin.
Elliott created this page last weekend, and subsequently filled it in with some
information about MSN.  I have since added what I know of Yahoo! but this may
need tweaking from someone more intimately familiar with the protocol.

We need people to fill in details about the protocols' native privacy
capabilities and what we support.  IRC is fairly simple in that all privacy is
implemented client-side, but the others are certainly more complicated.

Let's get an idea of what we have support for and what we need to account for in
a new privacy API!

John