VV GUI

Maiku cmaiku at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:54:42 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> Putting the "Calling..." text and hangup and mute buttons underneath
> the videos is awesome.  It creates a tighter association between them.

Good to hear. Would you think it would be better to have the buttons
be above the input box or go down to the right of it (like in the mock
up)?

> I haven't actually played around with it, but I don't think it's
> necessary to automatically resize the video when the IM window is
> resized.  If it's a lot of work to code it to work nicely then I think
> it's fine to just require that the user resize it manually.

One issue I've been running into with having the GtkPaned is that if
you start video call, resize it to your liking, then hangup and start
an audio call with the same person, it is again at the size that you
resized it to for the video. Also, if you start a new session with
someone else, it doesn't save where you last had it.

> If you really want to do it, GtkAspectFrame sounds promising, maybe it's
> worth trying again?  If something wasn't expanding to fill it's
> parent, maybe a FALSE should be changed to TRUE somewhere (like in a
> call to gtk_box_pack_end for example).

I've been using the GtkAspectFrame since I originally embedded the
video and I feel like I've tried every combination of TRUE and FALSE
in each of those packing functions etc. I'd very much like it to
automatically resize, but I'm really unsure of how to do it at this
point, if it's possible. If anyone would like to give it a go, please
do.

-Maiku