im.pidgin.pidgin: 902c6324faa755dfbceafd40ebf88ef850d06c9b

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:57:02 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 7:46 PM, Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com> wrote:

> You're probably right, though I've seen no complaints about it in 2.3.x
> where it already exists. Better ideas for the wording of the preference
> are welcome :)

That's because nobody looks at preferences, which is why they're rarely a
good idea. My ideal behavior would be to keep chats persistent if that
option is flagged, keep backscroll in an IM conversation for a reasonable
amount of time (I wouldn't mind hours, even), and close logs, emit the
conversation-closed signal, call the conversation-closed prpl callback,
etc., when the user closes the window. I don't mind what we have now; I
didn't mind what we had before.

I would, however, find *anything* preferable to a cryptic "close
conversation when you close the conversation" option. If it *had* to be
optional, though, maybe something like "remain in IM conversations after
closing window"?

-s.