Send custom emoticon patch and utillitary methods...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Mon Feb 18 12:48:36 EST 2008

Hello there, Richard!

I had a little chat with my customer and he agreed now we have time to
make the things right and test the implications of setting the
libpurple's root path to a private folder on our application.
So, I'll talk with Jorge so he can eliminate this configuration from
"Smiley API".

Please let me know whether you have any other problems/observations
about it ok?

Thank's and best regards,
Mauro.

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil wrote:
> What moves our world ? (and in-love people please excuse me for the
> answer...)
> Time and money... :-)
>
> And "time" was the reason...
>
> On that moment we were running out of time for the custom emoticon
> application release, and we won't have time to implement second choice
> (because it will demand a lot of time), and were not completely sure
> whether the first choice (change default ".purple" path) would lead to
> another problems.
>
> So, on that moment, we choose the easiest, faster and more secure
> alternative, to make configurable just the "Smiley API" persistence path.
>
> Please feel free to point any disagreements.
> Anyway, I think we will face the first option and make our application
> use an different ".purple" folder on some time.
>
> Best regards,
> Mauro.
>

> Richard Laager wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 09:22 -0300, Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately we were not able at that moment to follow any of these
>>> options
>>>

>> Why not?
>>
>> Richard
>>

> --
> __At.,
>    _
>
> *Technology and Quality on Information*
> Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
> Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
> + mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
> : www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
> ( + 55 (34)3291-1700
> ( + 55 (34)9971-2572