request modification to configure.ac

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 15:07:07 EST 2008

Even with the newest pidgin release I continue have to manually modify your configure.ac file in order to ensure that -lpanel preceeds -lncurses during linking.  You folks helped me identify this issue the first time I encountered it so I am wondering if this change affects the mainstream users?  If not would you considering making this change in future releases?

    AC_CHECK_LIB(panelw, update_panels, [GNT_LIBS="$GNT_LIBS -lpanelw"], [enable_consoleui=no], [-lncursesw])
    AC_CHECK_LIB(ncursesw, initscr, [GNT_LIBS="$GNT_LIBS -lncursesw"], [enable_consoleui=no])

and

                AC_CHECK_LIB(panel, update_panels, [GNT_LIBS="$GNT_LIBS -lpanel"], [enable_consoleui=no], [-lncurses])
        AC_CHECK_LIB(ncurses, initscr, [GNT_LIBS="$GNT_LIBS -lncurses"], [enable_consoleui=no])

Regards,
Bill