Fwd: Re: request modification to configure.ac

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Feb 26 18:30:39 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 14:20 -0800, Bill Fassler wrote:
>         I have to swap the order of the lines and add the dependency.
>         Hopefully the patch will make it easier to see what I mean.  I
>         can't imagine this adversely affecting the mainstream desktop
>         users of pidgin or finch, but I haven't verified this.

From http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/autoconf/Libraries.html

"The other-libraries argument should be limited to cases where it is
desirable to test for one library in the presence of another that is not
already in LIBS."

To me, this suggests that the existing order is correct. Perhaps you're
seeing this problem because we're appending to GNT_LIBS instead of LIBS?

Richard