msn-pecan now has direct connection support (fast file transfers)

Gabriel Schulhof nix at go-nix.ca
Fri Jan 4 06:58:24 EST 2008

So, I've been reading this thread for a few days. Lemme see if I have got
this right:

Situation before PSM:
---------------------

Protocols other than MSN had 2 things:

1. Status - let's call it, for discussion's sake an enum such as

enum
{
STATUS_AVAILABLE,
STATUS_AWAY,
STATUS_DND,
};

Each member of this enum may or may not have an associated and pre-defined
"friendly name" in the form of a string. Either way, it determines what
icon will be used for the status.

2. Message - some kind of string

MSN, however, only had part 1 - the enum.

Situation after PSM:

MSN has now joined the ranks of protocols that have, in addition to the
enum, a message as well.

Gabriel

/me rents a large rock from Rocks 'R Us to duck behind