Chat

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:10:01 EST 2008

* Rafael Franco Carvalho had this to say on [03 Jan 2008, 09:29:41 -0200]:
> Hello.
>
> > The problem with that is, if you dis+reconnect the account and 'Initiate
> > Chat' on some other buddy, an existing chat (possibly with someone else)
> > may be reused, which is undesirable.
>
> Yes Sadrul, you're right.
>
> > >is very ugly ... I don't like either of the patches. Perhaps you can
> > >find a cleaner fix? :)
>
> I don't know libpurple very much. Maybe I'm not the better choice to make
> this fix. But I think we can move your changes to switchboard.c, adding
> chat_name to _MsnSwitchBoard struct and setting chat_name on
> msn_switchboard_new(). So we can use swboard->chat_name on
> serv_got_joined_chat() in msn.c.

khc, nosnilmot?

For unnamed chats, in general, perhaps the prpl (MSN, in this case)
should not specify any name for the conversation at all. It should
perhaps rely on libpurple to come up with a good name.

> Is it a good idea open new ticket for this msn multi-user chat patch?

A ticket to track this issue will be great. It will make sure someone
eventually finds a proper fix.

Sadrul