Chat

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Tue Jan 8 08:50:28 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 10:44 -0200, Rafael Franco Carvalho wrote:
> Hi Stu,
>
> > Common "chat name" should not be confusing libpurple, but re-use of the
> > same chat_id might be. I just committed revision
> > 817f52f5f51ef6c9ba6eea39838bbafbcd2c52ed which should fix this by using
> > a unique chat_id for each "MSN Chat" even across reconnects.
>
> I tested your recent changes on MSN multi-user chat, but it still does not
> work fine, it is the same behavior I said before.

Ugh.

> With Sadrul's changes and also applying same msn.c changes to switchboard.c
> at msn_switchboard_add_user(), MSN multi-user chat works fine.

Something broke in libpurple then. Revision a0cc5861 changed
purple_conversation_new() to return existing chats that haven't been
left when creating a new conversation. Sadrul, any idea why you made
that change? it doesn't seem to be necessary for the other changes in
that revision.

Regards,

Stu.