im.pidgin.pidgin: edd672a79a29dc97a942d9520e7a3b93519af9d4

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sun Jan 27 14:16:24 EST 2008

Jeff Connelly wrote:
> My Cygwin installation, for some reason, prevents mtn from reading
> commit messages from /tmp that were written in $EDITOR. So I have been
> saving the commit message to a file and passing a flag to mtn to
> specify the message, but I used -m instead of --message-file. Will try
> to be more careful in the future. What would be the best thing to do
> about these existing useless commit messages?
>
> -Jeff

Are you using the native win32 mtn binary, or did you install the cygwin
package?  If you're using the native win32 binary, this is the problem--it
doesn't understand cygwin's UNIX-style paths and instead requires Windows-style
paths.

You can add additional changelog certs to revisions by using 'mtn cert REVISION
changelog', hitting enter/return/newline, typing your new changelog entry, and
pressing control-D when done.  This behavior may be slightly different in
Windows.  The downside to this is that, as far as I know, there is no way to
delete the existing changelog cert in order for the new one to replace it, which
means that both changelog certs will show in the output of 'mtn log' or when
viewing in monotone-viz.

John