im.pidgin.pidgin: 04e7d54475c3ddf91ad523e3e58521bc4fa59c85

Eoin Coffey ecoffey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:23:51 EST 2008

2008/1/31 Will Thompson <will at willthompson.co.uk>:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:31:08PM -0500, ecoffey at soc.pidgin.im wrote:
> > For the next minor bump would be useful to add getters for gc->flags and
> gc->wants_to_die.
>
> PurpleConnection.wants_to_die is in theory obsolete, in favour of the
> PurpleConnectionError stuff.  I think the only place still using it is
> the new account registration code; does anyone feel like fixing up that
> code not to do so?
>
> --
> Will
> Simon:  Oh!
> Kaylee: Now, this would be the perfect time for a swear word.

The only place where I could find wants_to_die being used in libpurple
(outside of connection.c) is in purple_account_set_enabled().  The logic
there seems to be if wants_to_die is TRUE, as in the user as opted to log
out or something, then don't bother attempting to connect / disconnect.

It seems that purple_connection_error_reason() and
purple_connection_error_is_fatal() are for setting gc->wants_to_die and not
accessing it.

-Eoin