MSNp14 status?

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Jan 31 15:56:20 EST 2008

Felipe Contreras spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > How can we store, on the server, what contact a given buddy is in?
>
> I think I didn't explain correctly my suggestion:
> Whatever the MSN prpl receives from the blist.xml, just drop it.

I'm trying to decide if that's a serious suggestion, or not.  Do you
mean that MSN buddies should not be able to be placed in contacts,
have custom buddy icons associated with them, local aliases, etc.?  Or
are you being facetious?  Or is there a third option I do not
comprehend?

Universally reflecting the fact that MSN is one of the poorest
protocols around wouldn't be a bad idea if we had enough of the client
market to move people away from it, of course.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.