pidgin.im very slow

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Jul 2 22:54:48 EDT 2008

I asked and it's likely Meebo would donate a single 1U server if we
can find somewhere to host it.  It would be a used (for maybe a year
or two) Dell Poweredge 850, Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (dual
core), 2GB RAM and a single 73GB drive (we'd probably want to buy a
second drive and use RAID1).

Are we interested in being responsible for our own hardware?  We'd
need to install an OS and reinstall our services and stuff.  And I
imagine we'd be much worse off if there's a hardware failure.  But it
seems like it would perform better than a shared server of any sort.
If that's something we're interested in then we should ask about
hosting.

-Mark