UPnP in libpurple

Ryan Govostes rgovostes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 22:05:14 EDT 2008

Presently, I have libnatpmp compiled into libpurple and have rewritten
natpmp.c accordingly. I do not have a NAT-PMP router, so I had a
friend test it, and everything seemed to go well. I wrote a
Makefile.am for it and changed others as necessary. I do need to make
it a configuration switch to enable/disable, reverting to the old
behavior.

A problem we're facing is that NAT-PMP has long timeouts. For
instance, when we try to get our public IP address, the timeout is 128
seconds, even if the router doesn't support NAT-PMP! Since the
function to get the IP blocks while we wait for the response, my
implementation cannot realistically follow spec.

How can we change this to be asynchronous?

Regards,
Ryan Govostes