Finch tiling window manager

Richard Nelson wabz at whatsbeef.net
Thu Jul 31 02:55:09 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:03:01PM -0500, Mark Schneider wrote:
> I would appreciate any feedback on this, whether it is in support of
> my proposal or ideas to improve upon it (or even just plain shutting
> it down).

In general I like your ideas/proposal. A couple of extensions/ideas:

- Resizing frames. For example, having a 15%/85% split for blist/convos might be
  useful.
- Maybe a way to specify some sort of initial frame layout (even if the frames
  are empty) - and then have windows placed automatically (depending on their
  name/title) in a frame?
- I would find tagging frames useful to move them between workspaces/frames.

It's possible some windows (dialog-like?) will need to be (or it would be nice
if they were) handled like floating windows.

I haven't thought about this as much as I would have liked to, so feel free to
say "that's stupid"!

Can't wait,
-- Richard