Voice and Video GSoC Project

Maiku cmaiku at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:35:20 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Diego Costantini
<diego.costantini at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tested a bit with debug option and a segmentation fault happened after a
> long ring eventually accepted. (I attached logs of both clients)
> A lot of crashes (especially the Hangup one) today are not happening...

A backtrace would greatly help with the crashes
<http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/GetABacktrace>. Although, a lot of
that code is about to change in the next revision, so I'm not sure
whether that particular bug will still be around.

> I also have a question. I noticed that voice is not received immediately. I
> mean that I tell something (not received), then in the debug window appears:
> - media: connecting pad: success
> and after that, audio is correctly delivered.
>
> I know that this happens sometimes with media gateways in SIP even though I
> don't understand why, since the session should be already negotiated in
> advance.
> Why here?

The way it works at the current head revision is that it negotiates
the session, but waits to finally connect until you click "Accept".
I'm going to be revising this due to some changes to the Jingle
standards, so hopefully there won't be as long of a delay after it's
revised.