using dbus to send messages

Dipankar Sarkar dipankarsarkar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:31:16 EDT 2008

Hi

I have been trying to end messages via dbus using the following python code

 obj = bus.get_object("im.pidgin.purple.PurpleService",
"/im/pidgin/purple/PurpleObject")
purple = dbus.Interface(obj, "im.pidgin.purple.PurpleInterface")
acc = purple.PurpleAccountsFind('account at domain.com','prpl-jabber')**
conversation = purple.PurpleConversationNew(1,acc,"dipankarsarkar at gmail.com")
im = purple.PurpleConversationGetImData(conversation)
purple.PurpleConvImSend(im,"hi")

I have an gmail account which is logged in through the nullclient, this
extract is from an attachment.py which i found in an earlier mail of the
mailing list.

I am unable to figure out why this piece of code refuses to send an IM ...
the ccount object is empty when i run it  ... dbus is working (i get an
dbus:okkk)

--
Dipankar Sarkar

Cell: +91-981-145-2098 | email: dipankarsarkar at gmail.com