command line interface

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Thu Jun 12 15:36:03 EDT 2008

* segalion <segalion at gmail.com> wrote:
> I´d like to ask for a command line interface to interact with pidgin.
> In example, for:
>
> - Change state from command line:
> $pidgin-client --state "dont_disturb" --text-state "Meeting from 11:00 to
> 12:00 at B55 room"
>
> - Send a IM from command line
> $pidgin-client --sendIM "myfriend at gmail" "hello friend. Please call me  now
> at my mobile phone"

I'm planning an 9P-based interface to pidgin, so it becomes a fileserver.
Then you can simply mount the pidgin tree and use your favourite
shell (maybe write some convenient functions).

In longer terms, I'm also planning to completely decouple GUI and
protocol handling this way.

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: info at metux.de   skype: nekrad666