About ProgressReport and msn-pecan

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jun 12 20:15:04 EDT 2008

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 02:46:34 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:38 AM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 01:23:24 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote
> >> Anyway, I just added support for GLib 2.0.0 in msn-pecan, and now
> >> it's uglier, but I guess when you mess with libpurple that's what
> >> you are looking for anyway.
> >
> > FYI comments like this reduce the likelihood of a "hypothetical merge or the
> > possibility of contributing directly on the project" (as was suggested in the
> > blog post you referenced at the beginning of this email thread).
>
> Because I think libpurple is far from perfect?

Saying "libpuple is far from perfect" is very different from saying "it's
uglier, but I guess when you mess with libpurple that's what you are looking
for anyway."

The former statement is more polite (although still a little rude).  I find
the latter statement to be pretty offensive.  Impoliteness and disrespect for
our code are not things that build a healthy open source community.

-Mark