Error when clicking on prefrences

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 07:44:37 EDT 2008

Phil Hannent wrote:
> Daniel Simmons wrote:
>> <EXE NAME="pidgin.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
> This is a fault in some software you have running on your PC.  It
> might be an antivirus product?  Looking up GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY on
> the internet shows a number of hits for the same problem with
> different software.
>
> Do you have McAfee installed?
Further reading [1] suggests that this is an issue with the windows Data
Execution Prevention (DEP) system that was introduced in service pack
2.  The application can be excluded is needs be, by default my windows
XP has DEP only for windows programs.

Regards
Phil Hannent

[1] http://forum.skype.com/lofiversion/index.php/t17763.html