Perl script plugins / Pidgin for Windows

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Fri Jun 27 02:23:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

Kevin Stange wrote:
> xanth1 wrote:
>> [...] I am using Pidgin for Windows, I've downloaded the last
>> few versions from Pidgin.IM and they all appeared to be compiled
>> without Perl support.
>
> They are compiled with perl support, but the Perl loader on Windows
> detects whether you have perl installed on your computer and if not
> it will disable itself.

Perl is installed and Pidgin's library support gives the following output:
Library Support
     Cyrus SASL: Enabled
     Gadu-Gadu library (libgadu): Internal
     GtkSpell: Enabled
     GnuTLS: Disabled
     Network Security Services (NSS): Enabled
     Perl: Disabled
     Tcl: Disabled
     Tk: Disabled

> You need to install ActivePerl on your computer.
C:\Documents and Settings\vogt>perl -v

Copyright 1987-2007, Larry Wall

Binary build 1002 [283697] provided by ActiveState
http://www.ActiveState.com

Though I have to say that I'm not using perl plugins with Pidgin, nor do
I plan to write one.

Greetings
-Sascha-