UPnP in libpurple

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sun Jun 29 21:11:49 EDT 2008

Richard Laager wrote:
> If it's decent and we start using it, that'll hopefully cause it to get
> packaged. ;)
>
> Richard

Can we even use libnatpmp?  Its license requires attribution for all
redistributions and modifications.  It is, however, significantly less clear on
terms of simple use, as the copyright notice and permission statement
requirements aren't clearly linked to or separated from use:

 * Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any
 * purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
 * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.

I'm not so eager to jump into a new library without a definite OK that this is
GPL-compatible.  I'd prefer to see a 3-clause BSD license or a (L)GPL license on
this code.

John