google summer of code

Eoin Coffey ecoffey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 17:34:41 EST 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Luke Schierer <lschierer at tamos.net> wrote:

> I see that Google is starting to take applications from projects and
> will soon be taking applications from students.  What sort of things
> would we like to see in this year's projects?

I would like to see Gobjectification as a SoC project.  I know its been said
that that it would be too big for a SoC project, but if there was some way
we could break it down a little bit into something accomplishable for the
3-4 months of SoC I think it would be a great way to get the ball rolling on
this.  At least rolling faster then me playing with it and complaining in
#guificiations :-P

I have selfish reasons for this idea since it would make completing the
monoloader a whole lot simpler and cleaner.

By suggesting this I'm also implicitly volunteering to help out with it.
Not sure how comfortable devs would be with me mentoring though.