please help me with build environment (vista x64)

Kurt Koller kk at minimalist.com
Tue Mar 4 16:37:40 EST 2008

Hi there.

I spent about 2 hours trying to get Cygwin working on my windows machine
(vista ultimate x64), following the instructions on the site, and that went
poorly. Could not get a successful build to save my life.

I also have a Linux box here (Ubuntu), and after getting all the
dependencies sorted out, it compiles the native version correctly, but when
I installed MinGW, etc on that box to target Windows, the compile fails.

I guess I suck ;)

Anyhow, are the instructions on the site up to date? Does anyone have a
working cygwin environment under x64, for instance?

Thanks,

--
Kurt Koller
Minimalist, Inc.