About GSoC

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Mar 12 02:59:21 EDT 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:12:51 -0500, John Arevalo wrote
> What projects will be presented in the Google Summer of Code?
> How can I get involved in the event?

We ask students to submit applications to us using the Google Summer of Code
website.  According to the program timeline[1] applications must be submitted
between March 24th and March 31st.  You're free to propose any project idea
that you want.  We've put some ideas that we came up with on our wiki[2], but
feel free to come up with your own ideas and propose them.

The Google Summer of Code FAQ (link below) has other great information on what
should go into an application, etc.

Hope that helps,
Mark

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline