GSoC idea : WebPurple platform

Witold Slizowski witold.slizowski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:01:52 EDT 2008

Orphis wrote:
> [snip]
> With today enterprise firewalls becoming more and more restrictive,
> using some IM client while at work (for development purpose with remote
> co-workers obviously) as become quite difficult.
> (...)
> firewall they've used blocked every outbound connection if it wasn't
> initiated on port 80, in other words for the HTTP protocol. That's why I
> think there is a need for a web messaging platform.
> [snip]

Do not you think it would be easier just to find any jabber server that
works on the port 80? (for example http://www.jabber80.com ). But I am
not sure if those services use "classic" XMPP connections working on
different port or maybe HTTP binding that would be much more difficult
to block on firewalls...

--
Witold Slizowski