A question on the Yahoo protocol code

Tim Ringenbach tim.ringenbach at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:56:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Ryan Kelley <rkelley at cs.uri.edu> wrote:

> void yahoo_packet_hash(struct yahoo_packet *pkt, const char *fmt, ...);
>
> what does the "..." mean at the end of the declaration of the function.

If you think about what that symbol means in english, or in a menu item, or
in a tab in Pidgin, you should be able to take a good guess. It means the
function is a varargs function. That's also why the argument right before it
is a format string.

> Also on a side note, it says the current protocol that yahoo has is
> 15, what version of the protocol is currently implemented.

I don't remember. It should be #defined in yahoo_packet.h or one of the
other headers. As I recall there's two of them actually, one for normal
Yahoo!, and one for Yahoo! Japan.

--Tim