Summer of Code

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Mar 26 12:14:14 EDT 2008

Luke Schierer wrote:
> how old a gtk is redhat supporting? For what sort of timeline at this
> point?
>
> luke

Stu's willingness to support older software aside, what does RedHat's support
policies have to do with us?  We're the application maintainers, not
distribution maintenance and support.  If we're worried about what RedHat
supports, then why are we not concerned with what Novell, Mandriva, Debian, and
Ubuntu support in their releases?  Novell and Mandriva, at least, have their own
enterprise products, and I don't see us rushing to determine or meet their
support needs.

(Note that this isn't intended to be argumentative, just a genuine curiosity.)

John