Libpurple disconnecting issue

Benjamin Arnaud bunjeee at free.fr
Wed Mar 26 18:20:07 EDT 2008

In fact I just tried the following thing :

replacing wpurple_g_io_channel_win32_new_socket by
g_io_channel_win32_new_socket and guess what ?
No more problems.

But I suspect that if pidgin is calling its own wpurple_g_io_channel there
must be a good reason.
What's the difference between g_io_channel_win32_new_socket and
wpurple_g_io_channel_win32_new_socket ?

As for the threads : I have a PurpleApi thread class with appropriate slots,
and I'm receving signals from my GUI.
Since every single GUI threaded signal is connected to that threaded object,
that shouldn't be an issue.