Sending files in Pidgin

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Sat May 3 12:54:29 EDT 2008

[...]

> PS: Your support site could do with better end-user support like a
> > searchable
> > database that uses meta-data or just using better English for the
> > questions.
> > (Do you use American English or real English??)
>
> It is a wiki, if it fails to live up to your expectations, it is because
> you have failed to contribute to it.

But what about search?  The question made me curious.

http://developer.pidgin.im/search?q=download+confirm&wiki=on&changeset=on&ticket=on
http://developer.pidgin.im/search?q=using+pidgin&wiki=on&changeset=on&ticket=on

The Trac engine *does* reach wiki pages if the search matches.  Either the
searcher didn't use a good search term, or there are simply not enough
matches.  Maybe the searcher could try a bit more, and if the search terms
don't get matches, can create a page, check for mailing list archives,
generate some content, and solicit responses from this list?  Even
generating a wiki page is a contribution of the greater-than-zero variety...

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish
please, no proprietary attachments (http://tinyurl.com/cbgq)