pidgin.next.minor: f00a8560: Use up the last padding for PurplePlugin...

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Mon May 5 10:59:27 EDT 2008

* Gary Kramlich had this to say on [05 May 2008, 07:25:18 -0500]:
> sadrul at pidgin.im wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > ChangeLog:
> >
> > Use up the last padding for PurplePluginProtocolInfo in a way that allows
> > adding newer functions without causing any major version bump. This is
> > based on the changes from the .vv branch. I changed the
> > PURPLE_PROTOCOL_PLUGIN_HAS_FUNC macro a little so it can be used for the
> > old as well as the new functions. Someone should confirm this looks OK.
> >
> Is this really necessary?  I mean, do we really want to complicated the
> API in this manner?

This has been previously discussed:
http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2007-July/001999.html (the thread
started at http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2007-July/001983.html).

As a sidenote, this also has existed in the .vv branch for a while (from
rev 6b6656ec).

Sadrul