adding one feature to ping on line users when I log in

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Mon May 5 19:25:32 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 09:48:32AM +0530, Mayank Jain Nawal wrote:
<snip>
> There can possible be one click able button which can be used for doing such
> job, lets not allow pidgin to do things automatically on log in.

Yes, you could certainly create a button which mass sends a message.

> Pidgin don't allow me to send message to multiple people in one go. I want to
> send same message to a list of people. Like wishing Good Morning. For doing
> things like this, currently I have to send messages to everyone one at a time
> and have to type again and again. Is there any other way out to solve this
> problem?

A plugin could easily be written to allow you to specify a list of people
to send 'broadcast' messages to and then allow you to type in the message
once and have it sent to all of them.

To answer your question though, a first step to doing it more easily would
be to copy and paste the message rather than typing it out every time, but
that's not really a solution.

> -Mayank Jain
<snip>

	-Etan