pidgin.next.minor: f00a8560: Use up the last padding for PurplePlugin...

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon May 5 21:04:54 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 13:27 -0400, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> The thing is, this *isn't* breaking our rules -- our rules are about
> ABI compatability, not "prettiness".  I think this is an ugly hack,
> and I don't like it from a principle standpoint, but I don't see any
> reason why it's illegitimate from the ABI side.

Would you object to this type of technique if it was done as the first
struct member and used everywhere (like in a 3.0.0)? If so, what would
you recommend instead? Should the prpl be calling some function in the
core to create a new PrplInfo, which it could then fill with function
pointers using setters?

Richard