problem with pidgin
will at willthompson.co.uk
Tue May 6 05:55:02 EDT 2008
The natural implementation for "quit, but only if new messages don't
come in" that occurs to me is:
* note unread messages;
* call disconnect on everything;
* watch for new message signals;
* wait for disconnected signals from them all;
* check whether there have been new messages;
- if so, stick a big "reconnect me" button in the buddy list (or
somewhere explaining what's happened.
- if not, quit away.
This seems much more straightforward than the "make a note of these
messages so that the next time we start we can stick them back on the
screen" method, and as Mark said is less confusing.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Devel