Sending files in Pidgin...

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Tue May 6 22:44:46 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 04:59:17AM +0100, Stin wrote:
> Dear Devs...
>
> I was asked for some information. Here you go...
>
> * Which protocol are you having this problem on?
> TCP, RIP v2, UDP(?), No proxy & whichever protocol Pidgin uses to communicate
> using the Yahoo! network.

Okay, so you are experiencing a crash using the Yahoo protocol.  That's
a start.

> * What version of Pidgin are you and your friend using?
> The latest (why would I use an older version or not update?) v2.4.1

Because a statistically significant percentage of users reporting
crashes have not updated.

> * Do either/both of you have a NAT device such as a "broadband router" or a
> computer doing "internet connection sharing"?
> I am using an SPI firewall/router (Netgear DG845x, I think)

So you do not have a windows software firewall in place.  That's vitally
important.

> * Do you have antivirus/security software that includes a firewall? What is it?
> I use AVG v8.00 for anti-virus.
>
> Anything else you need to know??

Okay, so we are on the windows platform.  Can you install the debug
version of Pidgin and get an .rpt file?

Thanks for working with us on this.

Luke