Open MSN mail failing password

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Wed May 7 22:51:30 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 23:25 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Dave Wood <dave at unrealize.co.uk> wrote:
> > For some reason after 2 or 3 times opening new email with notification for
> >  MSN, I now get a page asking me to log in because the password is wrong.
> >  This has happened for a few years now with various versions of pidgin/gaim.
> >
> >  Not sure why. It works for a few times after installing new version of
> >  pidgin and then fails.
>
> I just fixed an issue with the way email notification works in
> msn-pecan. It might help to fix this issue:
>
> http://github.com/felipec/msn-pecan/commit/a590a5128e2adc0404958a26fb45b0245175c2ad

I see several vaguely related changes in that commit, do you know which
one is relevant?

 - Switching from using HTTP POST via a temporary file to HTTP GET
 - Using a prpl generated login timestamp instead of the "sl" LoginTime
timestamp from the profile message
 - Added initial notification of pending emails when first signing in
(MSNP12 specific?)
 - Updates for MSNP12 (or at least something != MSNP9) initial mail
notifications

Regards,

Stu.