Open MSN mail failing password

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Thu May 8 04:32:10 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 23:25 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Dave Wood <dave at unrealize.co.uk> wrote:
>> > For some reason after 2 or 3 times opening new email with notification for
>> >  MSN, I now get a page asking me to log in because the password is wrong.
>> >  This has happened for a few years now with various versions of
pidgin/gaim.

>> >  Not sure why. It works for a few times after installing new version of
>> >  pidgin and then fails.
>>
>> I just fixed an issue with the way email notification works in
>> msn-pecan. It might help to fix this issue:
>>
>> http://github.com/felipec/msn-pecan/commit/a590a5128e2adc0404958a26fb45b0245175c2ad
>
> I see several vaguely related changes in that commit, do you know which
> one is relevant?

I think it's this one:

>  - Using a prpl generated login timestamp instead of the "sl" LoginTime
> timestamp from the profile message

But also the way the parameters are constructed is slightly different.

This is currently used in different parts of the code:
"time (NULL) - session->passport_info.sl"

Obviously it might not be the same value later in the code, so there
might be issues. It seems the passport_info.file is continuously being
regenerated, so at some times it might be wrong. I don't think there's
any need to regenerate the file.

Besides:
session->passport_info.sl = atol(value);

The "value" might be bigger than "long", "unsigned long" maybe, or
even "unsigned long long". Perhaps g_ascii_strtoull.

Best regards.

--
Felipe Contreras