Automatic Bonjour Account

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri May 9 15:37:47 EDT 2008

One of the things I discussed last year with some people at Ubuntu Live
is the idea of automatically adding a Bonjour account. Thus, everyone
using Pidgin at the conference would automatically show up. What do you
think about the following ideas?

1. Automatically add a Bonjour account. In doing so, an flag (preference
with no UI) would be set so that this would happen only once. This way,
you could delete the Bonjour account and it wouldn't come back.

2. Add the ability (unless it already exists and I'm misinformed) to
add/move Bonjour buddies to other groups. In doing so, I'd like to add a
warning message to the conversation window when you're conferencing with
a Bonjour buddy (maybe only when they're in some group other that the
Bonjour group). This warning would be intended to let me know that the
Bob I'm talking to might not be the real Bob, but someone else on the
local network with a username of bob.

Richard