Automatic Bonjour Account

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Fri May 9 15:48:56 EDT 2008

2008/5/9 Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com>:
> 1. Automatically add a Bonjour account. In doing so, an flag (preference
> with no UI) would be set so that this would happen only once. This way,
> you could delete the Bonjour account and it wouldn't come back.

There should be a prompt for this; automatically opening a port
accepting connections and advertising it without the user's knowledge
seems rude (to say the least).  With that caveat, I think it is a good
idea.

> 2. Add the ability (unless it already exists and I'm misinformed) to
> add/move Bonjour buddies to other groups. In doing so, I'd like to add a
> warning message to the conversation window when you're conferencing with
> a Bonjour buddy (maybe only when they're in some group other that the
> Bonjour group). This warning would be intended to let me know that the
> Bob I'm talking to might not be the real Bob, but someone else on the
> local network with a username of bob.

There's a patch in the tracker
(http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/5753) that starts down this path.
I think it is a good idea.