Automatic Bonjour Account

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri May 9 17:46:24 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 15:48 -0400, Daniel Atallah wrote:
> 2008/5/9 Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com>:
> > 1. Automatically add a Bonjour account. In doing so, an flag (preference
> > with no UI) would be set so that this would happen only once. This way,
> > you could delete the Bonjour account and it wouldn't come back.
>
> There should be a prompt for this; automatically opening a port
> accepting connections and advertising it without the user's knowledge
> seems rude (to say the least).  With that caveat, I think it is a good
> idea.

What about this: We add this dialog only for the upgrade path and take
it out after a few versions. For new users (i.e. zero accounts), we just
add the account before we show the accounts dialog. Thus, they get a
dialog with one account (Bonjour) in it. In this way, everyone would be
informed that this account was created, without the the need to maintain
a special UI over the long-term.

Richard