Saving preferences and/or buddy list in server

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue May 13 23:06:02 EDT 2008

On 05/13/2008 8:54 PM, Carlos Eduardo Langoni wrote:
> This is the main functionality, cause I had a broken harddisk, and then I
> missed all my contact list, them I thought about this, and made a research
> in xmpp features.

In XMPP, the buddy list [tm] is automatically stored on the server.
Support for private XML storage (XEP-0049) is not needed for that feature.

Typically, private XML storage is used to store things like bookmarks
(e.g., to auto-join chatrooms) or client preferences.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/