about adduser

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Fri May 16 19:56:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 06:17:01PM -0300, Carlos Eduardo Langoni wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm here for a little more doubt.
>
> When I add a user in pidgin the user I added receive a request, he accept
> and then I receive a request to add him. Is a procedure of pidgim or a
> xmpp/jabber server feature?

XMPP requires that you authorize people who want to see your
status/presence information. pidgin requests that permission when you add
someone to your buddy list.

> If I have sent a request do add a buddy, why should I have to authorize him
> later?

Presence flows both directions, your buddy needs to authorize you to see
his presence and, when he decides to add you to his list, you need to
authorize him to see yours.

> Thanks a lot
> Carlos

	-Etan