about adduser

Ryan Nix ryan.nix at gmail.com
Fri May 16 21:32:20 EDT 2008

Carlos,

Both OpenFire <http://www.igniterealtime.org/> and iChat in Leopard
Server <http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features/ichat.html> support
Jabber auto approvals.  In my opinion, OpenFire is a far better Jabber
server since, like Pidgin, it's open source and runs on multiple platforms.

Both Jabber servers can hook up to LDAP and Active Directory so that
your buddy lists are pre-populated based on the your LDAP/AD group.  I
just implemented OpenFire for a customer with mixture of Macs and PCs
using iChat and Pidgin and OpenFire has performed marvelously so far.  I
must say, those running Pidgin are envious of those with Macs that have
iChat with video/voip capability.  ;)

Regards,

Ryan
Prometheon, Inc