about adduser

Andreas Monitzer pidgin at monitzer.com
Sun May 18 20:11:10 EDT 2008

On May 17, 2008, at 03:32, Ryan Nix wrote:

> Both OpenFire and iChat in Leopard Server support Jabber auto
> approvals.  In my opinion, OpenFire is a far better Jabber server
> since, like Pidgin, it's open source and runs on multiple platforms.

The iChat Server on Leopard is just a rebranded jabberd2, which is
also open source und runs on multiple platforms. However, OpenFire is
still superior, although ejabberd is also a good option.
I think the only reason for using iChat Server is its better
integration with the system (user accounts, support by Apple, etc).

btw, Adium supports client-side auto-approvals for those who want it.

andy