Launchpad/Ubuntu Packages

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu May 22 18:16:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 01:07 -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> One of the next steps here would be to use the team to activate a PPA
> (personal package archive) so that I can start uploading newer packages
> of Pidgin for Ubuntu folks to use between releases.

I've uploaded a 2.4.2 package. You can find the details here:
https://launchpad.net/~pidgin-developers/+archive

You'll get an error about these packages not being authenticated. This
is because Launchpad PPA's aren't GPG-signed. Until this is corrected, I
don't feel comfortable linking to this from pidgin.im. That said, I'd
appreciate it if people using Ubuntu could give these packages a shot
and let me know if you have any problems (specific to these packages).

Thanks,
Richard