Voice and Video GSoC Project

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue May 27 10:54:07 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 16:43 +0200, Diego Costantini wrote:
> So I am a developer in a way, but not directly involved with Pidgin (yet?).
>
> If your was a suggestion to wait, I would rather try it immediately, if it
> is not allowed to have it when I am not an official Pidgin developer, then
> I'll keep waiting.

No, it's not about being an "official" developer. We suggest that
non-programmers not use pre-release code because the code isn't ready
for general consumption.

To get the code from Monotone, take a look at this:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/UsingPidginMonotone

For the last step, the branch name is im.pidgin.soc.2008.vv instead of
im.pidgin.pidgin (which is trunk).

Richard