Crash on "msn_soap_read_cb" method ...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Mon Nov 10 12:56:34 EST 2008

Hello there!

We have an application here that uses libpurple for IM infraestructure,
and we are facing some problems since we upgraded to version 2.5.2.

Three MSN users complained of having experienced a crash after adding a
buddy.
Crash always happen on line 288 of "soap.c" file.

We've got only mini-dumps until now and they don't say much about the
causes of this problem.

In fact, the same users added new buddies without problems after this
incident, and the buddy added when the crash happened was added too.

Does anyone have an idea of what can be happening ?

Thanks and best regards!

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572