Help with URL/links....

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 16:24:56 EST 2008

* Etan Reisner had this to say on [22 Nov 2008, 00:49:55 -0500]:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:17:01PM -0700, Brian Peyatt wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to add a URL in pidgin that mimics the functionality of the
> > http handler.
> > Meaning that when a user types in a link, i.e.
> > mx://mxddd2/play?daily=74388&name=AS_5680_V018_100308, it would show up
> > as a link.
> > Currently, pidgen thinks it is just text.
>
> This has for a while now been a feature people have asked for and that we
> have wanted to have. As of recently some work has been done to make this
> happen. It appears to mostly be working, so hopefully sometime in the next
> couple of releases it should be possible to have plugins add 'protocols'
> so that this can be made to work.

This feature is currently in im.pidgin.pidgin.next.minor branch, and is
expected to be included in 2.6.0 release.

If you have a chance, take a look at gtkutils.c:pidgin_utils_init to see
example usage of the new code for http:// etc. URLs.

Sadrul